35.3 C
Lagos
Friday, February 20, 2026

Mail

spot_img

Kaduna Mass Abduction: Terrorists Demand ₦250m, 20 Motorcycles

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

Suspected terrorists who abducted 166 worshippers in Kurmin Wali village, Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, have raised their ransom demand to ₦250 million and 20 motorcycles, according to community leaders.

The abduction occurred on January 18, 2026, when armed men stormed three churches during worship services, indiscriminately seizing men, women, and youths.

Village head Ishaku Dan’azumi disclosed the latest ransom demand, stressing that it was far beyond the capacity of the rural community already devastated by repeated attacks and economic hardship.

“This is beyond what our people can afford. We are pleading with the government and security agencies to come to our aid and secure the release of our people,” he said.

Kajuru LGA, located in southern Kaduna, has endured years of banditry and kidnappings. Communities have been repeatedly targeted for mass abductions, killings, and arson attacks, forcing many residents to flee their homes and abandon farmlands.

Community leaders are urging the Kaduna State Government and security agencies to intensify rescue efforts and deploy stronger measures to protect vulnerable rural populations.

Police Commissioner’s Visit

Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Muhammad Rabiu, visited one of the affected churches in Kurmin Wali following the attack.

Witnesses told journalists that Rabiu, accompanied by heavily armed operatives, instructed locals to switch off their phones and avoid recording videos or taking photographs during his visit.

Despite earlier denials that any abduction had taken place, video showed the commissioner inspecting the church building and interacting with victims.

One survivor, visibly injured and wearing a yellow jersey, recounted how he escaped while carrying his daughter:

“Because we were many, when we reached an area where houses were close to each other and the road was narrow, I managed to escape. I entered one house and locked it. None of them noticed me.”

He clarified that he had been worshipping at the ECWA church, one of the three attacked.

The incident is one of the largest mass abductions in recent times, underscoring the worsening insecurity in Kaduna and across northern Nigeria.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
×

Join Our News Channels

WhatsApp WhatsApp Channel Telegram Telegram Channel

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Tension in Akwa Ibom as Two Brotherly Communities Clash...

Violence erupts in Akwa Ibom State as armed militia from Esit Eket attack Ibeno Community, destroying properties and displacing residents.

Armed Herdsmen Kill 43 in Fresh Attacks in Benue;...

At least 43 people were killed in fresh attacks on Benue communities by suspected armed herders. The coordinated assaults on Gwer West and Apa LGAs have deepened the humanitarian crisis, with Amnesty reporting 85 deaths in one week.

Armed Attack on Church at Ihiala, Anambra State, Leaves...

St. Andrews Anglican Church in Isiokwe, Lilu community of Ihiala Local Government Area, Anambra State, was attacked...

Power Disruption Hits Abuja as Vandals Destroy Shiroro-Katampe Transmission...

Vandals have destroyed the 330-kilovolt Shiroro-Katampe Transmission Line, causing power disruptions in several Abuja areas, including the CBN Headquarters and Ecumenical Centre.

NDA Invites, Opens Online Applications for 78th Regular Course

The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) has announced the commencement of online applications for admission into its 78th...

Is Freedom Of Press Under Threat?: Daily Trust Newspaper...

Daily Trust Newspaper is reporting that their Maiduguri regional office was "invaded" Sunday 06 January by men...
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x