Bomb Blast Kills Five, Injure Others, in Imo State Market

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

A deadly explosion hit the Ubaheze Market in Awo Idemili, Orsu Local Government Area of Imo State on Tuesday, killing at least five people and injuring many others.

The blast happened just after midday, as traders had settled into the day’s business. Victims lay in pools of blood, and parts of the market were destroyed. Stalls were flattened and goods scattered across the site.

One eyewitness, speaking anonymously, said the explosion shook the market.

“The bomb went off around 12 noon. People had already started trading when it happened,” he said.

“It was terrifying—dead bodies everywhere and many injured. Why would anyone plant a bomb in a market? This is pure evil.”

The blast caused chaos, with survivors seen crying and calling out for help. Security forces arrived shortly after to cordon off the area, but many traders had already fled.

Market Attack Linked to Rising Violence in Orsu

Orsu Local Government has been under intense threat from criminal groups. Residents say violence has become part of daily life in several communities.

Local sources claim that armed groups often clash with security agents in the area. Many families have fled their homes. Markets and roads are often shut down due to fear of attacks.

This latest bomb incident is one of the deadliest in recent months and comes amid ongoing calls for urgent security intervention in Imo State.

Local vigilante groups and emergency responders are said to be working with the community to identify the victims.

Enjoyed this story? Rate it, leave a comment💬, and follow us on social media for more. Got a news tip or story to share? Submit it here and earn points toward ₦10,000 rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Ekpa’s Jail Sentence Sends Strong Warning to Terrorism Sponsors...

The Nigerian military high command has warned foreign supporters of terrorism to cease or face consequences, citing Simon Ekpa's six-year prison sentence in Finland as a warning. Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Christopher Musa emphasized the importance of global cooperation in fighting terrorism, urging Nigerians to remain vigilant and support security efforts.

Gunshots Disrupt Edo Governorship Election Tribunal

Gunshots erupted near the Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal venue, causing panic. Edo APC Chairman Jarret Tenebe condemned the incident, calling for swift justice.

Rude Awakening As Former Nigerian Defense Chief, Alex Badeh,...

A former Defense Chief, Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh (rtd), was Tuesday night 18th December shot...

Foreign Terror Group, Occupying Tsuani Forest In Sokoto, Recruiting...

A foreign armed group, Lakurawa, terrorizes Sokoto State, killing four soldiers and robbing civilians. Authorities vow to address the emerging threat.

Only 200 South-East Youths Register for Nigerian Army Recruitment

Brigadier-General Chima Ekeator urges South-East youth leaders to mobilise applicants for Nigerian Army recruitment. Only 200 have registered, compared to over 4,000 from other regions, raising concerns over the region’s military representation.

Sheikh Gumi Again Calls for Dialogue with Bandits to...

Kaduna-based Islamic cleric Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has reignited debate over Nigeria’s worsening insecurity, arguing that the country must prioritize confronting perpetrators of violence rather than focusing first on victims. Appearing...