Gunmen suspected to be bandits have killed the traditional ruler of Agamo community in Akure North Local Council Area of Ondo State, Oba Kehinde Falodun.
The monarch was attacked on Wednesday night inside his palace. Witnesses said about 10-armed men stormed the community, shooting sporadically and dragging the ruler away.
Family members said the bandits tried to kidnap the monarch. He resisted, and the attackers opened fire.
According to his wife, “they were about 10 in number. Three stayed at the entrance, while seven came inside. They kept shooting. I ran into the bush. They chased me, but I escaped.”
She added that the assailants dragged her husband despite her cries for help. “They later hit something on his head and his stomach. He has been killed. They were speaking the Hausa language,” she said.
The monarch’s daughter also described the attack. “They invaded the palace and kept shooting at the king, but the bullets didn’t penetrate. They carried him three times, and Baba kept telling them to drop him. Later, they brought out something like a knife and attacked him. The king was later killed outside the palace with blood gushing out of his head.”
Community in Panic
Residents said the attackers arrived through the Itaogbolu axis. Witnesses noted that the gunmen spoke Hausa and were dressed like Fulani herders.
The incident has thrown Agamo community into panic, with many fleeing their homes.
A female guest at the palace was beaten and had her mobile phone seized. Locals said the attackers appeared organised and coordinated.
The Ondo State Police Command confirmed the killing. In a statement, it described the incident as tragic and said a manhunt had been launched.
Police reported that “information received at the Division at about 7:50 p.m. indicated that approximately six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch, forcibly took him from his compound, and subsequently fled the scene. The victim was later found a few metres away with gunshot wounds. He was confirmed dead at the scene.”
The command said tactical teams, local hunters, Amotekun operatives, and Atuluse Security had been mobilised to comb nearby bushes. Surveillance has been intensified to prevent further attacks.
Police assured residents that “no stone will be left unturned in bringing those responsible for this heinous act to justice.”
It asked any members of the public with credible information to report to the nearest station.
Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!







May his soul rest in peace.