Kaduna Church Attack: Uba Sani Receives 89 Rescued Worshippers

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

Kaduna State Governor, Senator Uba Sani, has clarified that 183 worshippers, not 177 as earlier reported, were abducted from three churches in Kurmin Wali community, Chikun Local Government Area of the state, during a coordinated attack on January 18, 2026.

The governor disclosed the revised figures on Tuesday while receiving rescued victims at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna, explaining that discrepancies in earlier reports were due to the chaotic circumstances surrounding the incident and delayed verification from affected communities.

“A total of 183 worshippers were abducted during the attack. Eleven escaped on their own that same day, leaving 172 persons initially unaccounted for,” Governor Sani said.

He added that subsequent developments led to the safe return of most of the victims through a combination of escape, negotiation pressure, and coordinated security operations.

According to the governor, of the 172 worshippers who were initially missing after the attack, 83 returned to their communities on their own, while 89 others were successfully rescued by joint security forces operating in the area.

He described the rescue operation as delicate and intelligence-driven, involving multiple security agencies working in close coordination to avoid further harm to the victims.

“The incident was unfortunate and unexpected, especially considering the proactive security measures already deployed across the state,” the governor said, while assuring residents that lessons had been drawn to prevent future occurrences.

Tinubu, Security Agencies Praised for Swift Response

Governor Sani expressed appreciation to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his intervention and support during the crisis, noting that federal backing played a critical role in the successful rescue efforts.

He also commended the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigerian Army, the police, and other security formations for what he described as “exceptional collaboration and commitment to protecting innocent lives.”

“The professionalism and synergy displayed by our security agencies ensured that all rescued victims were returned alive to their families,” he stated.

Beyond security operations, the governor announced immediate developmental interventions for Kurmin Wali community, beginning with the construction of an access road to improve connectivity and response time for security agencies.

He disclosed that plans are also underway to establish a hospital and a skills acquisition centre in the community as part of broader efforts to address long-standing infrastructural deficits.

In a further security boost, Governor Sani revealed that President Tinubu has approved the siting of a military base in the area to strengthen surveillance and deter future attacks.

“This will significantly enhance security presence and ensure that such an incident does not reoccur,” he said.

Governor Sani cautioned against politicising security challenges, stressing that the Kaduna State Government remains focused on safeguarding lives and property irrespective of political considerations.

“In Kaduna State, the sanctity of human life is paramount. Security is not a political tool, and it must never be treated as one,” he warned.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Terror Kingpin Bellor Turji Accuse Ex-Governors of Fueling Insecurity,

Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji has accused two former northern governors of fueling insecurity in the country,...

Tinubu In Katsina, Vow to Reclaim Forests From Bandits...

President Tinubu has vowed to take back Nigeria’s forests from terrorists and invest heavily in technology to fight insecurity. He says peace and safety are key to bringing investment and jobs. Here’s what he told leaders in Katsina.

In Deft Operation, Security Forces In Kogi State Rescue...

In a successful operation, security forces have rescued 24 individuals who were kidnapped along the Ajaokuta-Itobe Road...

Ndume Appeals for Military Action After Renewed Terrorist Attacks...

Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume has raised alarm over a fresh wave of Boko Haram attacks that...

Ogun State Police Raise Alarm Over Rising Missing Persons...

The Ogun State Police Command has expressed concern over the increasing number of missing persons in the state, affecting all age groups. Residents are urged to remain vigilant and prioritize their safety."

Police Force Clarifies Handbook Sale Is Voluntary, Not Compulsory

The Nigeria Police Force has dismissed claims that officers were forced to buy the “Attitudinal Change Handbook...