Police Tactical Team Deployed to Ogun but TASUED Dismiss Shutdown Rumors

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

The Ogun State Police Command has deployed a tactical team to the Ajebo community in Obafemi‑Owode Local Government Area following a viral video alleging an imminent attack by herdsmen.

In a statement on Friday, the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, assured residents that there was no imminent threat in the area.

“The Commissioner of Police, Ogun State Command, Lanre Ogunlowo, deployed the Command’s tactical team, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, to assess the security situation in the area, in conjunction with Amotekun Corps, So‑Safe Corps, Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC), local hunters, and the Vigilante Group of Nigeria to undertake a thorough intelligence‑led assessment in and around Ajebo community,” she said.

Odutola explained that operatives discovered Fulani settlers in Ajebo were not hostile migrants but long‑standing residents living peacefully within the community. Children and women were seen in temporary shelters, but no arms or suspicious activities were detected.

“No adult male was present; the men had travelled to Oyo State for trading activities, which is consistent with their routine economic pattern,” she added.

Community Clarifications and Surveillance

The police spokesperson said a further sweep of the settlement revealed an extended RUGA location that has reportedly been in existence for over ten years.

She noted that the traditional ruler of the area, Rueben Oluwole, who is said to have authorized the allocation of land to the settlers, has been invited for clarification.

The Baale of Alapako, where another cluster of Fulani huts was identified, has also been invited for a meeting with the Commissioner of Police.

“The combined team of security agencies is maintaining surveillance within the forest area, approximately 10km from the main community. Their presence is strictly precautionary, as the settlers were found to be unarmed and living peacefully,” Odutola said.

Police authorities in Ogun reassured members of the public that proactive intelligence measures remain fully in place.

Meanwhile, the management of the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, dismissed a viral social media report claiming that the institution had been shut down following an alleged invasion of Ijebu‑Ode by bandits.

Registrar and Secretary to Council, Dapo Oke, described the circulating report as “malicious, misleading, and targeted at causing unnecessary panic within the university community and across the state.”

Reports had alleged that the university instructed students to vacate their hostels due to a supposed security breach in Ijebu‑Ode.

The management clarified that no such directive was issued, stressing that neither Ijebu‑Ode nor the university’s Ijagun campus was under any form of attack.

“There was never a closure of the institution, nor were students asked to leave their hostels. The environment in Ijebu‑Ode and Ijagun remains peaceful and safe,” Oke stated.

He assured students, staff, parents, alumni, and the general public that academic and administrative activities were running smoothly, adding that the welfare and safety of students remained the institution’s top priority.

The university urged members of the public to disregard the fake report and avoid sharing unverified information capable of inciting fear. “All staff and students are advised to go about their academic and lawful duties without any anxiety,” the statement added.

The institution further cautioned the public to rely solely on its official communication channels for credible updates.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
4 1 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Gov. Okpebholo Suspends Security Chief Over Edo Killings; Defence...

Governor Okpebholo suspends Edo Security Corps chief after 16 northern hunters were mistakenly killed by a vigilante group on Thursday. Fourteen arrests have so far been made as demands for justice echo from the north.

Army Troops Kill Notorious Bandit Leader in Kogi

Troops of 12 Brigade Nigerian Army under Operation ACCORD III have killed notorious bandit leader Babangida Kachala in Kogi State after a gun battle in Ofere Forest. Soldiers recovered arms, cash, and several…

Police Officer Opens Fire Without Provocation in Calabar, Kill...

A police inspector in Calabar, Cross River State, opened fire after returning from duty, killing a woman and injuring two others. The officer, who acted erratically, has been arrested as investigations continue.

Army Rescues Kogi Orphanage Victims in Successful Operation

Troops of the 12 Brigade have rescued nine kidnapped victims and intercepted an arms courier with 500 NATO rounds in Kogi State. The operation on May 6, 2026, was part of Operation TIGER PAW II.

Mass Exodus in Sokoto: Terrorist Bello Turji Threatens Villages

Sokoto State faces a deepening security crisis as residents flee Isa Local Government Area following threats from bandit leader Bello Turji. Villagers in multiple communities abandoned their homes after Turji issued an ultimatum, warning them to leave or face violent consequences.

Nigeria’s Niger Delta Region Rocked by Another Explosion

Tensions reignite in Rivers State after another explosion hit an oil facility on Sunday, days after emergency rule was imposed in the state.