Zamfara Bandit Leader Dansadiya Allegedly Executes 50 Captives

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

A reign of terror by armed bandits in Zamfara State has left families in grief and entire communities in despair.

Locals allege the notorious bandit leader, Kachalla Bello—popularly called Dansadiya—killed up to 50 abducted villagers from Yamutsawa and Banga in Kauran Namoda LGA.

More than 80 residents were reportedly taken in recent attacks. At least 50 were abducted from Banga village alone. Only 18 returned alive, according to villagers who spoke with Daily Trust.

In Yamutsawa, 33 were kidnapped. Only 13 made it back.

Among the dead were three babies born in the bush. Their mothers had been held for weeks under harrowing conditions.

“It was a horrible situation. They were taken at different times and kept for a long time in terrible conditions,” said a resident familiar with the tragedy.

Psychological Torture in the Wild

Survivors told haunting stories. They said Dansadiya made some captives kill fellow hostages at gunpoint.

“The worst part is that he made them kill each other. This is what the survivors told us. It was psychological torture, beyond anything we have heard before,” said a resident who asked not to be named.

Most of the victims were young boys and girls, between 17 and 20 years old. Only four men and four women among them were adults.

Locals now describe Dansadiya as more dangerous than even the infamous bandit leader Turji. He is known for ruthless killings, often murdering victims even after ransom is paid.

“There are many instances where he collected ransom and still demanded more. Even then, people were killed,” another villager shared.

Security Response Fails Again

People in the area blame poor communication and weak coordination with security forces for the worsening attacks.

“The army operational commander posted to this area doesn’t understand the local language. This makes it difficult to report threats. And when distress calls are made, there’s often no quick response,” said a local source.

Efforts to get comments from the Zamfara Police failed. DSP Yazid Abubakar did not respond to calls as of Saturday night.

The killings have left the two communities in mourning. People are afraid to return to their farms or even gather for prayers.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment💬, share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Politicians Turn to NSCDC as Tinubu’s Police Withdrawal Bites

The Federal Government has withdrawn 11,566 police officers from VIP protection duties, redirecting them to critical community...

Gen. Danjuma Warns Again, Nigeria Heading For The Rocks

Nigeria’s former army chief and defense minister, Gen. Theophilus Danjuma has again warned of a dire future...

DHQ Begins Investigation of DICON Factory Blast

The Defence Headquarters has confirmed an explosion at the DICON factory in Kaduna that killed one person and injured others while specialists were disposing expired explosives, including nitrates, propellants, and…

University of Abuja Appeals for Help to Find Missing...

The University of Abuja has called on the public to assist in locating a 100-level student who...

Tinubu In Katsina, Vow to Reclaim Forests From Bandits...

President Tinubu has vowed to take back Nigeria’s forests from terrorists and invest heavily in technology to fight insecurity. He says peace and safety are key to bringing investment and jobs. Here’s what he told leaders in Katsina.

Tinubu Decorates New Service Chiefs, Orders Immediate Resumption

Nigeria’s President, Bola Tinubu, has decorated the newly appointed Service Chiefs with their new ranks, marking the...