Shock in Plateau as Pastor Allege Army Took Orders from Militants

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

A Jos-based pastor has narrated a chilling account of how soldiers allegedly sought permission from armed Fulani militants before retrieving the bodies of murdered church members in Plateau State.

In a video shared on Facebook on Monday, the pastor said the incident happened in the Dong community of Jos North Local Government Area after a deadly attack that claimed several lives, including a woman and her child who had gone there on a condolence visit.

According to him, the church members could not enter the area to recover the corpses because of fear of further attacks, so they called on soldiers for help. What followed, he said, was both shocking and heartbreaking.

They had to call the militants for permission

In the pastor’s words: “When they killed our members in Dong, there was a woman and her child who came for a condolence visit. They were attacked and killed by Fulani militants. There was also one of our young men who had earlier been killed by the same militants.”

“We contacted soldiers for help, and when they came, they said they needed to call the Fulani people to get permission before entering to remove the corpses. In my presence, they called them, and the Fulani people said they could only have 10 minutes to go in and take the bodies.”

He added that the soldiers urged the locals to hurry during the retrieval, repeatedly warning that their “10 minutes” was almost up.

“When they managed to bring the corpses, the soldiers left immediately. We did not know whether they left us to be killed or what. But by the grace of God, we buried our people and returned home,” he said.

These claims by the pastor have not been independently verified to be factual, but it adds to the troubling perception of helplessness of civilians in parts of Plateau State and Nigeria’s Middle Belt, where repeated farmer-herder clashes have left hundreds dead and thousands displaced.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Gov. Okpebholo Suspends Security Chief Over Edo Killings; Defence...

Governor Okpebholo suspends Edo Security Corps chief after 16 northern hunters were mistakenly killed by a vigilante group on Thursday. Fourteen arrests have so far been made as demands for justice echo from the north.

No Coup Plot in Nigeria, Says Tinubu’s Government

The Federal Government has dismissed rumours of a coup plot against President Bola Tinubu, saying it has...

Terrorists Kill 20 In Plateau Ambush on Security Patrol

In continuing terror attacks in Nigeria, at least 20 people, including security operatives and vigilantes, were killed...

Tinubu’s Meeting with Security Chiefs Over Jilli Market Airstrike

Tinubu meets security chiefs in Abuja following the Jilli Market airstrike. Here's some update on this urgent national security meeting.

Workers Union Declare Opposition to Planned Protest as ‘Enemy...

Nigerian workers, under the All Workers Convergence (AWC), plan a nationwide protest from August 1st to 10th against hunger and bad governance, emphasizing their constitutional right to protest. The police deny involvement in divisive messages circulating online.

Former Governor Ortom Accuses Successor of Hiding Mass Killings...

Former Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom accuses his successor, Governor Hyacinth Alia, of hiding mass burials to create an illusion of peace in the state.