Kaduna Mass Abduction: Terrorists Demand ₦250m, 20 Motorcycles

Featured in:
- Advertisement -

Suspected terrorists who abducted 166 worshippers in Kurmin Wali village, Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, have raised their ransom demand to ₦250 million and 20 motorcycles, according to community leaders.

The abduction occurred on January 18, 2026, when armed men stormed three churches during worship services, indiscriminately seizing men, women, and youths.

Village head Ishaku Dan’azumi disclosed the latest ransom demand, stressing that it was far beyond the capacity of the rural community already devastated by repeated attacks and economic hardship.

“This is beyond what our people can afford. We are pleading with the government and security agencies to come to our aid and secure the release of our people,” he said.

Kajuru LGA, located in southern Kaduna, has endured years of banditry and kidnappings. Communities have been repeatedly targeted for mass abductions, killings, and arson attacks, forcing many residents to flee their homes and abandon farmlands.

Community leaders are urging the Kaduna State Government and security agencies to intensify rescue efforts and deploy stronger measures to protect vulnerable rural populations.

Police Commissioner’s Visit

Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Muhammad Rabiu, visited one of the affected churches in Kurmin Wali following the attack.

Witnesses told journalists that Rabiu, accompanied by heavily armed operatives, instructed locals to switch off their phones and avoid recording videos or taking photographs during his visit.

Despite earlier denials that any abduction had taken place, video showed the commissioner inspecting the church building and interacting with victims.

One survivor, visibly injured and wearing a yellow jersey, recounted how he escaped while carrying his daughter:

“Because we were many, when we reached an area where houses were close to each other and the road was narrow, I managed to escape. I entered one house and locked it. None of them noticed me.”

He clarified that he had been worshipping at the ECWA church, one of the three attacked.

The incident is one of the largest mass abductions in recent times, underscoring the worsening insecurity in Kaduna and across northern Nigeria.

Rate, Like 👍, Comment 💬, Share this article, Follow us on our social media handles, and Submit your own story to get featured and earn rewards!
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Find us on

Latest articles

Listen to the news

- Advertisement - spot_img

Related articles

See more articles

Nigerian Army Repels Ambush in Cross River, Neutralize Four

Troops of the Nigerian Army’s 13 Brigade have repelled an ambush by suspected armed criminals in Cross...

President Tinubu Approves New Rules for Military Personnel, Outlaws...

President Bola Tinubu has approved revised rules for Nigeria's military personnel, outlining banned behaviors and activities to promote discipline and professionalism within the armed forces.

Nigerian Army Expands Security Bases in Kwara and Niger...

The Nigerian Army has expanded its operational footprint in Kwara and Niger states with the establishment of...

16 Senior Military Officers Identified in Alleged Foiled Coup

Fresh details have emerged on the identities of 16 senior military officers detained over the alleged foiled...

Militants Killed My Seven Brothers, Plateau Pastor Recounts Horror

The night of December 24, 2024, was meant to be filled with songs and candles in Maiyanga...

Ondo Police Foil Bomb Plot, Arrest Six Suspects

Ondo Police has foiled a bomb plot in Akure, arresting six suspects and recovering IED materials. Investigators found documents even detailing targets, however...